Overview of the Best 3D Printing Pen
3D Printing pens are recent developments in 3D modeling as a result of advancements and discoveries in the 3D technology. The best 3D printing pen enable users to make drawings in three dimensions which give clear and concise drawings, and representations of initial abstract ideas possessed only by the user.
The pen has a plastic component that’s heated to a liquid which is used to make drawings as it’s expelled from the nozzle of the pen. They have low power requirements, and their size and weight enable working with a single hand.
To those who are passionate on 3D modeling and drawing, these pens offer endless possibilities of making their ideas real. Considering that this is a new technology possibly in its infancy, very few individuals and organizations understand it let alone use it.
Our site has been dedicated to giving users detailed and summarized reviews of the 3D products and their availability in the market. This enables them to make the informed choices on the best 3D printing pens for them after reviewing the different options available.
There are numerous and varied 3D printing pens available to select from. We are dedicated to ensuring that your search will pay back, and that’s why we have outlined these four different 3D printing pens to assist you. We are going to briefly outline the features of 7 TECH, MYN, IPESON and 3D Doodle printing pens which are some of the best 3D printing pens available.
Best 3D Printing Pens Selection Criteria
Before we came up with the list of the best 3D printing pens we used criteria in which certain essential considerations were evaluated. The factors we considered are meant to make you understand why these four are the best choices in the lix 3D printing pens available for you.
- Features – The basic 3D printing pen is a cool device which requires connection to a power source before it starts producing thin liquid plastic that’s used to make drawings on surfaces such as on papers or in air. The liquid plastic takes minimal time to cool and in turn producing drawings in 3d. They need no computer software or assistance to function. The best 3d printing pens usually contain additional features that make them unique to the rest.
- Filament – The drawing plastic is held in the filament compartment. The filaments are very essential in determining the quality of drawing that result. Different types of filaments are currently available in the market. The best 3d printing pens make use of 3D filaments that can be discarded and replaced in the future.
- Manufacturer – Different companies and businesses have undertaken production of 3d printing pens and are of the opinion that their brand products are the best. It’s important to note that there are limited brand products that have shown convenience and high quality while functioning. Before purchase, the brand and manufacturer are essential considerations as it will enable you to pin out the differences, features supported, technology applied and the quality employed into the pen.
- Reviews – User reviews are significant before the purchase of any 3d printing pen. The best quality products tend to have good reviews from individuals who have used them before. The reviews for low quality and inefficient products are less appealing. You can go ahead and talk to the previous users and get more knowledge on how their interaction with the product was like. When going through reviews, it’s wise to do so on some different websites; as some of them may give descriptions that lack genuine honesty as they are affiliate businesses out there to make money.
The Best 3D Printing Pens Comparison
|7TECH 3D PRINTING PEN||65 grams||7.3 x 1.6 x 1.1 inches||Yes||.|
|MYNT 3D PRINTING PEN||272 grams||175 x 20 x 17 mm||No||.|
|3D DOODLER CREATIVE PEN||130 grams||7.5 × 1.5 × 4 inches||No||.|
|IPESON PRINTING PEN||67 grams||6 × 2 × 4 inches||Yes||.|
The top best 3D printing pen in our list is the 7Tech pen. The design and construction of this pen have the user interaction in mind. It’s optimized for being friendly to the user in addition to being easy to operate and use.
The producers of this pen also ensured that it’s not noisy while operating but work in absolute silence. The pen supports features that make it top the list of the best 3d printing pens available.
The 7Tech 3D printing pen boasts of improved functional efficiency due to the addition of extra features. First is the super responsive thermal control for regulation of operating temperature included in the pen design. In addition, the pen has an unclogging mechanism that prevents the liquid plastic from sticking to the filament at around the nozzle region.
Lastly, the pen has buttons that enable users to put the rate of extrusion under their control. This feature is not available in most pens, and it allows you to set out your preferred extrusion speed no matter whether you need it to come out slowly or fast.
As we were carrying out our research, testing, and review of this pen, we identified two issues that come with choosing this pen. To begin with, the pen does not come with a supply of filaments after purchase. This means that as the user, you are bound to go out in search of replacement filaments once the initial ones are entirely used.
The filament supplied was also not in desired quantities, but any user can always get back to the market and purchase replacements. Secondly, the pen can attain very high temperatures when in full operational mode. When using the pen, it’s important to be aware of the high temperatures as they could lead to bodily harm and injuries when it comes into contact with your body.
With the descriptions made above, it’s very clear that the 7Tech 3d printing pen is among the very best 3d printing pens for use by different users. This can be used by children over eight years in addition to adults for different professional or artistic purposes. It’s suitable for use by amateurs and professionals as well. From our experience, while using the pen, we can guarantee that the 7Tech 3d pen is of fine quality and a top range product in 3D pens.
- Simple to use regardless of the level of profession using it. It’s easy to use for both professionals and amateurs as it makes use of more advanced technology.
- The pen is highly efficient offering excellent usability and keeping the user secure. It comes with dual speed buttons which facilitate switching between rapid and slow as well as forward and backward movement.
- The pen design comes with extra artistic features and strands. These features described above are great in making the pen more efficient and convenient for operation. The unclogging system keeps the filament away from clogging once the device cools down.
- The spatula made of aluminum comes with the purchased pen package. It offers protection to your fingers to avoid injury from the hot
- The pen is light in weight, and the size is perfect for hand working. The design is slim that enables easy grip and faster learning on how to use it.
- As a bonus, the 7Tech pen comes with a one year guaranteed warranty.
- It sometimes gives difficulties in use for beginners and amateurs. The 7Tech 3D printing pen proves a real life challenge for first-time users especially in making the drawings. This shortcoming is because it’s made of plastic which makes it hard for a proper grip.
- The nozzle compartment and surrounding areas may achieve very high temperatures that can cause injuries. Care needs to be taken into consideration as the user works with this pen.
The MYN3D professional printing pen makes it our list of the best 3d printing pens. This pen came recently in 2016 to the market. It functions as a typical 3d printing pen making use of plastic as described in the introductory segment above. The pen is also made unique in its ways by the features it supports.
From of customer and user reviews, we have been able to figure out that the weight of the pen is extremely low in comparison to competing for 3d printing pens. This makes it perfect for support and suitable for use with a single hand. The pen is ideal for use with kids and children as it does not tire them while using it.
Double clicking the operating buttons makes the pen extrude the plastic automatically. This means that you can continuously keep making your drawings without necessarily needing to keep pressing buttons.
Instead of an LCD screen, this pen comes with OLED display. The display gives the user information on the thermal characteristics of the pen as it operates. This is what enables the user to manipulate and control the operating temperature of the device in the range of 1300 -2400 degrees Celsius.
This is achieved with minute increments or decrements of about 20 Celsius. This fine adjustment enables using the smaller thickness of the material for making drawings.
This also helps in saving up the material to be used in the activity of drawing making it economical for individuals who would like to save upon the activity of drawing. It is also preferable with the temperature changes since it can adjust well unlike the other pens.
This pen also has the power to produce ten watts and can also input approximately five volts’ worth of power. Hence this 3D drawing pen is the best since it can be used without trouble for the outdoor chores. This pen is accepted by the Federal Communications Commission, the European conformity and the Restriction of the Hazardous Substances. This increases the reliability of the pen as it can be used in different regions of the world.
The merits which make the 3D printing pen to be considered as the best include the following;
- Easy usability – This 3D lix printing pen is very helpful in sketching, drawing and painting decorations in a three-dimensional quality very easily.
- Light and convenient weight- This pen is light with approximate weight of 40 to 65grams
- High speed- It is also simple to sketch with and has excellent control of speed.There is a variable option in the 3D printing pen. This enables the artist to control the rate of drawing and the information flowing out of the material during the entire process of drawing.
- Excellent looping – It also has three loop ABS filament of 1.75 mm each.
- Unique attractive design
- Flexible – This 3D printing pen is also highly flexible one can draw any drawing ranging from a very tiny size to a big drawing
- Excellent Portability – This 3D printing pen is very easy to walk around with. A wall charger usually accompanies your order which is evident that a 3D lix printing pen will be easy carried out around.
The demerits of this 3D printing pen are few which include;
- Minimum guide information – insufficient information on how the temperature is adjusted that is at the nozzle.
- Exaggerated branding – The branding of the pen is not appropriate according to the given information. The branding should be on the front face to avoid the con dealers.
The 3D Ipeson Printer pen is unique in its physical appearance compared to the other types of 3D lix printing; its comes in handy with a unique design with liquid crystal display (LCD) screen, and PLA filament components which are used in its manufacture.
The filaments accompanied with six packed 32.8ft or length which serves as the replacement of ink.
The plastic filament enables the artist to make 3D drawings which can be possible on virtually all surfaces including in space. The Ipeson 3D printing pen gives the ability to choose each personalized plastic filament. Regardless of its amazing and totally appealing features it’s also surprising to know that this pen is less bulky and comfortable to work with as compared to other pens.
- Easy to use for beginners and experts.
- Light and less bulky at only 2.3Oz.
- Excellent usability on in making virtual surface drawings.
- The LCD screen is suitable and efficient for displaying information.
- Designed with user safety as the main aim. When handled properly and care is taken when using it, the pen does not compromise on your safety.
- High initial cost
- Insufficient Guide materials on the operation.
- Plastic lessens the grip
The 3Doodler Create printing pen is among the very first versions of 3d pens manufactured. The 3D Doodler 3.0 is an improved and a better version of all the 3D printing pens given that it is a device that has vowed to change ones drawing experience regarding creativity.
The pen has been branded as 3D lix printing pen as it’s suitable and perfect for every use. It works much like a 3D lix printer with the only difference being that now you need not control the drawing using complicated computer software and other algorithms. It’s used hands- free to make drawings and decorations. The components and elements used in drawing are the same as a 3D lix printer.
Once purchased, the 3Doodler pen comes accompanied by 25 ABS and 25 PLA plastic filaments as opposed to other brands that supply their products with about 3 to 5 filaments. The pen is suitable for work in a wide range of different surfaces and especially on paper.
The concerns raised by customers have been reviewed in this version, and they no longer exist in this model. For those with preference to style and high effectiveness, then the 3Doodler Printing Pen is the best choice available for them in the market today.
This is a drawing pen that any artist and creator will go for to achieve the best decorations that can be loved by everyone. There is no excellent tool to draw with except the new 3Doodler Create.
- Suitable for use in Outdoor drawing with portable source of power supply since it requires that its plugged into the power supply
- Suitable for beginners and kids -this 3D printing pen is suitable for use even for individuals who are drawing for the first time which includes kids above the age of twelve. Besides artists, architectural designers among other creative
- Wireless operation – unlike many electronics which have many wires around them which can easily cause accidents and kids strangling themselves. These 3D printing pens are operated without any numerous networks of loose cables.
The 3D Doodle pen has a few shortcomings which include the following;
- The pen suffers a limited battery life. The short battery life is somehow a limitation to the service life and continuity. After charging it can only be operational for a maximum of four hours. These problems force the user to either keep it plugged in while operation, charge it every five hours or replace with a charged pair of the battery.
- It offers difficulties in making spatial drawings. 3D drawing is still not achievable and up to now since it is hardly possible to draw in space given that the structure has to have a stable base. Despite the few demerits, the 3Doodler Create is bound to be the most superior game changer in 3D drawing. It’s unique smoothness and drawing variety is unmatched and hardly comparable with any other pen.
The 3D printing technology industry is relatively new, but the market is full of different products available. With our comparison of the best 3D printing pens, it’s evident that they are slightly different regarding functionality and pros and cons.
In conclusion, it’s evident that all the 3D printing pens have suitable features which can be utilized in artistic drawing and decorations.
After looking in depth at what the package of all the 3D lix printing pens offers then, the choice to be made is so obvious. As a client of the 3D printing pens, I would, therefore, affirm the confidence level associated with buying either of the pens.